National Dish of Kosovo

So, as I walked in the streets of Pristina, I saw a dish that looked like a pie, with the texture of French crêpes. The owner a restaurant noticed me analyzing it and invited me to try it. I told him that I was just looking. When I asked him what were the ingredients, he said, "it's nothing." I laughed and interrogated, "you mean to tell me this is nothing?" He said,"milk, flour, cheese, and other things." I asked him for the name. He said, "flees." I was curious to know what were those "other things," so I googled the name and found that it is called flija, but pronounced "flee." This is what google says, "It consists of multiple crepe-like layers brushed with cream and served with sour cream. March 18 is recognized as "Flia Day" in which families invite their relatives for preparing and eating Flia.[citation needed] Flija requires very simple ingredients: flour, water, butter, yogurt and salt. The main ingredients (flour, water and salt) are mixed together until you get a texture similar to pancake batter. "

Comments